Friday, February 22, 2013

Listening to Leaders

One of the best things about being back in school is the access that I have to leaders, academics and all-round inspirational figures. In fact, when I came to Darden, I made a pact with myself - I was going to go to as many speeches and events that I possibly could. After all, as an undergraduate at Wellesley College, I had missed out on some speakers citing homework or hangovers and now that the homework is long forgotten and the hangovers long gone, I miss not having the wisdom that I surely would have gained from listening to leaders!

February at Darden has been a good month for keeping my pact.  I am done with recruiting (phew!) and much more comfortable with classes. The following are some of the events that I had a chance to go to - I hope you find them as inspirational as I did!

Daphne Koller, Stanford Professor and founder of Coursera on education:


Kip Tindle, CEO of the Container Store on conspicuous capitalism:



No comments:

Post a Comment